Clarity aesthetic braces are the clear alternative to metal braces, they are made of composite materials and the brackets are as strong as conventional metal ones.
They have an attractive translucent appearance that “blends in” with your teeth and the comfortable design gives you all the self-confidence you need. Clarity braces do not stain or discolour however the ligatures or tiny clear rubber bands that hold the arch wire on to the ceramic brackets may stain with coffee, tea, curry, red wine and smoking or any other products with strong colouring. Generally this isn’t a problem as the ligatures are changed each time you have an adjustment.
- They blend in with most teeth
- They are not very noticeable at a distance or in photos
- Ceramic brackets do not usually break
- The clear ligatures can stain making the brace more noticeable
- Treatment can take longer than with self-ligating bracket