Patient Letter 4th June 2020
Please read ahead of your appointment.
We hope this email finds you and your family in the best of health. We are pleased to announce that our practice will be re-opening to see our patients from the 8th June 2020.
We understand every patient wants to progress their treatment and would like an appointment on the 8th however this will not be possible. We have therefore triaged our patients and will start to see those patients who are on our emergency list first. Which will be those cases with wires sticking in and breakages.
We will then continue to see our patients in there booked times and we will try to complete as much treatment to progress all our patients in the best possible manner.
Whilst many things have changed since the emergence of the COVID-19 virus please rest assured that as an orthodontic practice we are used to dealing with patients in a healthcare setting that requires a high degree of cross infection controls already. We have always been committed to providing the highest standards to protect our patients and staff alike.
We would like to inform you of changes we need to implement to reduce the risk to you, your families and to our staff.
Before your appointment
- You will be sent a text to confirm your appointment with a link to a COVID-19 screening questionnaire which we will need you to complete before we can see you for your appointment. We need to confirm neither you or anyone in your household have symptoms of COVID-19 or that anyone in your household is immunosuppressed or require shielding. If you have symptoms please do not attend the practice as we will not be able to see you. We will make different arrangements for cases that need shielding.
On the Day of your appointment
- Patients are advised to travel by car or socially distanced walk or cycle where possible.
- Please can you brush your teeth before coming to your appointment as you will not be able to do this at the practice.
- Please note that toilet facilities will not be generally open during this time.
- Please avoid bringing extra bags or coats as these will be left in reception and cannot be brought into the surgeries. We cannot guarantee the safety of your extra bags.
- We ask that only one person accompanies the patient into the practice with them. We understand this may be difficult for families, but this is important to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- If you come early to your appointment, we will not be able to see you until the appointment time and equally if you attend late then we will not be able to see the patient.
- Patient and accompanying adult must wear a simple face-covering when they attend, due to short supply of masks, these cannot be provided by the practice.
When you enter the practice
- Patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser for 20 seconds upon entering and leaving the practice.
- Report to reception who will confirm the standard COVID-19 screening questions.
- The waiting area will not have magazines, toys games or information leaflets as these are difficult to disinfect.
- We have installed a Perspex Screen around reception to help maintain social distancing. Please remember a distance of 2m is need to be maintained whilst in the waiting areas. Please use the chairs set out in the waiting room to do this.
Once in the Surgery
- We will continue to wear the personnel protective equipment (PPE) required for each procedure which may be similar to what we wore before Covid-19 and some enhanced protection for those cases where aerosol generating processes (high speed drills or water sprays) are required.
- You may be asked to use a hydrogen peroxide mouth wash before we adjust your brace.
- You will be asked to use a hand sanitiser in the surgery before leaving.
- Treatment areas are thoroughly disinfected between patients.
- If the receptionist is available, you can book your next appointment. If there is anyone waiting at reception, please call to book your next appointment over the phone. This will help maintain social distancing.
Changes to the way we see patients
- We have allowed more time between patients to reduce any waiting times in the practice and to allow for the clean down of each surgery between patients.
- Whilst we must see our patients in treatment in the practice certain appointments for retainer reviews, review and new patients can be seen by video consultations. We will be moving to this model in the future.
- Following any treatment appointment, we ask all our patients to make a new appointment. We need to reduce the time spent in the practice so if the reception is free please make the appointment there and then. If there is a queue, then please go home and book an appointment over the phone.
- Due to these guidelines, we will be seeing fewer patients per day. Please be patient with us as we have a back-log of patients to see and will try to prioritise those in most need.
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat, but we have always used universal precautions and we will continue to do so to protect you our patients and our staff. We are one family at Cygnet Orthodontics, and we want to look after everyone to keep us all safe. Thank you for your help in this matter.
The Cygnet Team