Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-moulded to fit your teeth. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth into the desired position. There are no metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth and best of all, most people won’t notice you’re in treatment. The aligners are changed every few weeks moving your teeth little by little, they are taken out to eat, drink anything other than water, brush and floss or if attending a special event. Invisalign is perfect for those who want a more inconspicuous brace and that have smaller irregularities to be corrected.
- They are virtually invisible; nobody knows you’re wearing them.
- They are easier to clean than traditional braces.
- They don’t irritate your gums as much as traditional braces.
- They can stain and should be removed when eating and drinking.
- Invisalign is not suitable for all malocclusions, eg those with severe problems, however a degree of improvement can always be achieved.